Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh, my bad!

I didn't forget. I swear. I just have a lack of photographic evidence to document my culinary achievements.

There's a couple pix on Jess's camera that I'll get from her when she gets back from .. the Bay?

There aren't any pictures for this, but, I did make a BOMB frittata on Tuesday. I'd never made one before so I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't end up tasting like rubber. I used like 9 eggs (2.5 whole eggs, the rest just whites), a splash of 2% milk, parmesean, romana, and mozzarella cheeses, some "butter", sauteed onions and red peppers, a dash of cayenne, basil and oregano (I would have liked to use fresh herbs, but The Lazy runs my life so... yea...), salt and pepper ... and then baked that beast in the oven until I thought it looked done. OHHHH i also threw in some Gemelli pasta that I cooked al dente style prior to it marrying the egg. So yea. It was good. I took the leftovers to work and ate it with hot sauce on it. BOMB. I would have liked to make a sauce for it the night I made it, but as I said before: THE LAZY.

Restaurant week in San Diego is coming up fast and I've always wanted to use it as an opportunity to try new restaurants (duh, that's what it's for). Hopefully I can scrape up enough fundage to try a few places. Cross your fingers! (Or send me money. Make my dreams come true.)

1 comment:

  1. i want some. next week. you = cook for me. i guess maybe nancy too. but mostly me ok? hahaha

    ReplyDelete