Monday, January 11, 2010

i love to break fast


for some reason the first thing i like to do on a saturday morning is clean the kitchen. maybe it's because i was too lazy to do anything about it the night before... or because i just like a clean slate to start off my day. anyway, so after i cleaned the kitchen i made myself some breakfast. i love saturday morning breakfasts because i can actually sit down with a good morning meal and enjoy it. not like at work where inhale some cheerios underneath some retina-burning neon lights.

i made scrambled eggs with onion and fresh cilantro from my garden (!!!!), crisped up a corn tortilla, and sliced up an avocado. oh, and a pot of tasty coffee. mmm.

i love corn tortillas with my breakfast because i GOTTA have a vessel for my eggs. i can't just eat scrambled eggs by themselves. they need to be on toast, a bagel, tortilla... some kind of bready starchy goodness. and one tortilla is perfect, nice and crispy. plus, it saves me the calories from 2 slices of buttered toast. (i know, i could just have ONE piece of toast, unbuttered. but where's the fun - flavor - in that?)

i wish i had some of that right now. but accompanied by my ass in pajamas on the couch. 'til then, you got my back cheerios.

No comments:

Post a Comment