Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grill-a-thon twentyten

So a few days... week(s)ish back I felt the need to break out the ol' stovetop grill and drop some grilling knowledge on a few vegetables. I also brought some tofu to the party and that worked out well.

I had acorn squash, zuchini, and onion. Well, and tofu. I would recommend cutting the acorn squash smaller than I cut it. I was too lazy to cut it thinner. Don't be lazy like me. Do the right thing. Anyway, cut up your other veggies and toss it all in a liberal dose of salt and pepper, and some olive oil. The acorn squash needs a lot of flavor help so make sure it gets a little more s&p. I also used a little thyme and dill for more flavor, and topped it all off with some chives. It's easy!!

I also had a little quinoa sidecar. Quinoa is great! You feel like you're eating a super-starchy carb but... it's actually a great source of protein. You cook it just like rice. I like to sautee mine with some onion and garlic before I add the liquid (I like to use veggie stock instead of water - more flavah!).


2 comments:

  1. Where do you get your quinoa? My coworker has been searching for it and can't seem to find it anywhere.

    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my dad found it at Sam's Club. But I know you can get it in bulk at Whole Foods, and you could probably buy it in bulk at Sprouts or Henry's/Boney's too.

    ReplyDelete