Tuesday, April 27, 2010

i made pizza

YEA! I made pizza! It was pretty good. I started out by making a green onion "cream" sauce. I know! I have green onions up the wazoo so I thought what the hell? Might as well give it a try. It was very similar to pesto! All I did was put a bunch of green onions and a couple garlic cloves in the food processor with a little bit of olive oil and a little bit of water (just for moisture). When it's a pasty goo, start cooking it up a bit in some "butter". After a few minutes add the flour to make a rue. Slowly add your milk and whisk it all together until desired creaminess. Add salt and pepper to taste.


After the sauce was all made I let it cool for awhile while I got my dough all prepped. It was just a Trader Joe's pizza dough. I love that stuff. I only used half of it though... since I'm just one person. ANYWAY. I rolled it out into a lovely umm artistic shape and proceeded to top. First the sauce! Then some red onions, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese. Top that with some fresh basil leaves and chopped hazelnuts. THEEENNN sprinkle over some parmesean and gorgonzola cheese. YUM. Drizzle a little olive oil on the crust and top just so it gets a nice crisp to it. Bake it in a preheated 450 degree oven for 12-14 minutes, or until it looks done to you. :) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment