Monday, April 12, 2010

we stalk because we care. wait. what?

today i made my very first veggie stock. i think it turned out really well! i wanted to make a tofu soup and the canned broths/stocks are too strong for it, so i made my own. next time though, a lot more herbs and onion. but... i was out of onion, so yeah. ha.

in my stock:

an onion, quartered
a few cloves of garlic
handful of basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, dill
2 carrots
2 stalks of celery
some cabbage
3 or 4 green onions
little bit of salt, and pepper

i just let it cook for a couple hours til it had some good color and then strained out all of the veggies and stuff. and BAM! i had veggie stock. and i got to use my dutch oven for the first time. jessica called it my double dutch. hahaha. so from here on out, my d.o.'s name is double dutch.


there was a lot more of it, this was after i used some for my soup.

yum yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment